- VALUE MANAGEMENT ASSIGNMENT
PART 1THE COMPANY REPORT
PART 2THE EVIDENCE REVIEW
PART 3REFLECTION FOR EMPLOYABILITY ENHANCEMENT & LEADERSHIP
- ASSIGNMENT MARKING GUIDE WITH THE ASSESSMENT MATRIX
PART 1 THE COMPANY REPORT (3000 words)
Adopt the role of a Strategy Consultant for a selected organisation tasked with addressing the need for new value management interventions.
You are required to lead a new strategic initiative to propose justified changes to the current status of value management. In addition, you must prescribe a relevant system for value measurement to forecast value addition for shareholders and key stakeholder groups based upon the changes you have proposed.
Your brief, within a selected performance domain, is to: –
1. Complete a critically reviewed situational analysis to assess the current status of value management to thereby establish a comprehensive understanding of current inadequacies to be addressed over a future specified time horizon.
2. For this selected organisational domain, propose feasible and desirable changes to existing value management strategies and operations, which you consider the Board will accept. Propose a value measurement solution to capture value based organisational development results which can be communicated to shareholders and key stakeholder groups periodically as new performance milestones of achievement.
3. Advise the board upon the potential risk to be faced if your proposals are not accepted together with a statement of the consequential implications for organisational stakeholders.
THIS PART OF THE ASSIGNMENT IS A MANAGEMENT REPORT FOR THE BOARD OF YOUR CLIENT ORGANISATION.
PART 2 EVIDENCE REVIEW (2000 words)
1. Prepare a critique of selected literature related to one theme of your company report, then support your perspectives with other contemporary organisational evidence deemed relevant to achieve meaningful managerial insights and conclusions for value management from a generic perspective.
2. Arising from your discoveries, outline potential DBA research perspectives which could be considered in the future for Stage Two of the DBA.
THIS PART OF THE ASSIGNMENT SHOULD BE SUBMITTED IN THE FORM OF A LITERATURE REVIEW WITH POTENTIAL DBA RESEARCH INDICATIONS.
PART 3 REFLECTION FOR EMPLOYABILITY ENHANCEMENT (1000 words)
Complete your individual learning log of employability skills readiness, through self-reflection on current practice, to: –
1. Realise the critical thinking and core capabilities needed to achieve this consultancy task for the client organisation.
2. Evaluate your current knowledge, skills and competencies to then assess your ability for completing this consultancy assignment.
3. Review the related leadership skills required for future personal development and career accession.
THIS LEARNING LOG IS A ROLLING RECORD MAINTAINED THROUGHOUT THE DBA MODULES THAT WILL BE SUMMARISED AND REVIEWED AT THE END OF STAGE 1 OF THE DBA.
*** Words count = 6000 words.
*** In-Text Citations and References using Harvard style.
*** Portfolio named “DBA-ValueMgmt-Portfolio-and_Assessment” has been uploaded as attachment.