The Dove Body Wash Advertisement: Did Dove Take Its Marketing Too Far? Worth up to 50 total points.
Based on all that you’ve read, researched, reviewed, as well as experienced in your own life, create a blog entry using the example of the most current Dove Body Wash Ad controversy as a springboard to discuss both fact and personal opinion over the debates and arguments surrounding not only this commercial, but social justice and SJWs overall.
Watch the commercial and explore commentary associated with it. Your blog should include:
- a brief description of the social justice movement and the SJW controversy, as well as how we come to find ourselves at the point we are today with regards to critiques of this ad based on SJW logic and the principles of social justice
- discuss the key players in today’s fight for social justice, in what realms
- explain how social justice applies to diversity efforts, especially in the workplace
- analyze if the self-proclaimed “social justice warrior” is hurting or helping promote cultural awareness, appreciation, and diversity in today’s marketplaces
- in conclusion note your own personal view on social justice and whether or not the Dove ad is offensive; be sure to note how you came to this conclusion
Some Resources for assignment to get you started: (you would also benefit from doing your own research into the issue)
This assignment will be graded according to the following rubric and will be worth up to 50 points:
A Exceeds the expectations for student writing skills at this level of education. The answer addresses the question completely. It is concise with no irrelevant material. The content clearly indicates the writer understands the topic.
B Meets the expectations for student writing skills at this level of education. The answer responds appropriately to all parts of the question, but may lack sufficient depth. The writer appears to understand the material, but a bit more depth is needed.
C Writing skills need improvement. Paper may contain numerous spelling and/or typographical errors. The answer fails to respond to part of the question. The paper does not contain sufficient depth and/or contains irrelevant materials
D Writing skills do not meet expectations for student writing skills at this level of education. The answer is largely irrelevant to the question and has significant factual errors. The reader is left with little or no clear idea of what the writer actually knows.
F Writing is far below expectations for student writing skills at this level of education. The answer does not address significant portions of the question, there are significant factual errors. The writer obviously has no concept of what is being written about.