Unauthorized Immigrant Workers at Chipotle Mexican Grill Restaurants Discussion
Review Chapters 15, 16, and 19 in the course textbook (I will send you text book)
Chapter 15, Employees and the Corporation
Chapter 16, Managing a Diverse Workforce
Chapter 19, The Public and Corporate Reputation
Along with the chapter readings, pay particular attention to the following case in Chapter 16:
Unauthorized Immigrant Workers at Chipotle Mexican Grill Restaurants
Prepare a 500-word posting identifying the major points from the chapter readings. Conclude the post by considering the following case questions:
- Do you consider being an unauthorized immigrant a form of workplace diversity? How is it similar to and different from other kinds of workplace diversity discussed in this chapter?
- What are the benefits and risks to employers, such as Chipotle and others mentioned in this case, of hiring unauthorized immigrants—whether or not they do so knowingly?
- Other than employers, which stakeholders are helped and which are hurt when a business hires unauthorized immigrants?
- Do you agree with the public policies and enforcement strategies described in this case? If not, what changes in both would you recommend?
- Do you agree with Chipotle’s response to the government’s enforcement effort? What else should Chipotle’s managers do now, and why?
This initial post should be completed in next 4 days. Once you submit this post i will send you posts of 2 classmates and you will have to provide meaningful comment or question (150 words minimum) to the postings of two classmates on 5th day