https://bestnursingtutor.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/log-300x75.png 0 0 Mike https://bestnursingtutor.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/log-300x75.png Mike2020-09-14 02:42:522020-09-14 02:42:52research paper (Gregory Crewdson )
research paper (Gregory Crewdson )
OPTION ONE: PAPER ON A SPECIFIC PHOTOGRAPHER
- Submit your paper as a Word Doc. Be certain it includes your full name and a heading indicating the course and date.
- Paper must between 400-500 words (not including the header and list of references) and include a word count located at the end of the paper.
- Please use single spacing
- A comprehensive list of all sources referenced must be located at the end of the paper in alphabetical order. You may use MLA citation guidelines.
- In your paper, you must directly answer the following questions about your chosen photographer:
- What is their brief biographical information (Birthplace, Education, etc. )?
- What are their significant artistic projects and where they are/were shown (exhibitions, books, publications, etc.)
- What is their work about? Look first to the style of work itself. For example, is it street photography, collage, performance, Internet-based, abstract, etc. (the possibilities for style are limitless!) Then look to its specific meaning. For example, does the work have a political message? It is about the medium of photography itself? Does it bring up issues of identity (the possibilities for meaning are limitless!) Please include at least 5 images by the artist in the paper to illustrate.
- Who is a similar artist making work that is either visually similar or creates work with similar meaning?
- How has this artist been critically received? Look for reviews of his/her books, exhibitions, etc. How do/did they promote their work (social media, website, etc.)
- Pick one image by the artist and very briefly critique it. You must include an image of this photograph within the body of the paper.
- Conclude with your opinion of the artist, citing direct examples from images, quotes, and/or projects to support your judgment. Do you feel the work successful? I encourage you to be critical- I want to hear your opinion! State if the artist’s work relates to your artwork and/or interests and why or why not.