Read the description and finish the part 2
Read the description below and only do the part 2 (please include a power point and a word document)
Project: Use the Volkswagen emissions scandal case. – and analyze the organization’s strategy within the context of the ethical lapse presented and the implications on the project and society. Leverage the process and frameworks presented in the class for the assessment. As well, the analysis must clearly define the issue, present the conflicting values which caused the moral dilemma, and describe the organizational response, highlighting the impact of the decision on the various stakeholders. The presentation should offer a point of view as to what would have been an improved plan and provide recommendations on how the organization could improve its ethical business decision making going forward. Please be sure to include a high-level implementation plan, anticipated challenges, critical success factors required and the expected organizational benefits for implement project management best practices.
Business Ethics Cases (and article link) Volkswagen emissions scandal – used software that caused diesel engines to emit less harmful gases when the engine’s computer system detected it was being tested/ violated Clean Air Act amongst many other things https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/22/business/overseer-faults-volkswagens-reform-efforts-since-emissions-scandal.html
- Company Background
Provide a high level overview of the Company’s Business Strategy
- Brief history of the company
● What is the company’s strategy? Talk about their business strategy & current initiatives
● What differentiates them from their competitors?
● What are the company’s stated: Mission, Vision & Values
●Find this company’s “Code of Conduct” and summarize
2. Business/Ethical Issue
- Present the conflicting values which caused the moral dilemma (Is this issue about more than what is legal or what is most efficient? If so, how?)
- describe the organizational response (what’s their strategy)
- highlight the impact of the decision on the various stakeholders
3. Improved Plan & Recommendations — I will do this part
How the organization could improve its ethical business decision making going forward?
- High-level implementation plan
- Anticipated challenges
- Critical success factors required
- The expected organizational benefits for implement project management best practices.