Resource: Business Decision Making Project – Part 1 Grading Guide (attached)
Purpose of Assignment
This is the first part of the three-part signature assignment. The purpose of this assignment is to help students aggregate all the topics learned in Weeks 1 and 2 and apply to a problem or an opportunity at their company or any company with which they are familiar.
Identify a business problem or opportunity at a company where you work or with which you are familiar. This will be a business problem that you will use for the individual assignments in Weeks 3 to 5. It should be a problem/opportunity for which gathering and analyzing some type of data would help you understand the problem/opportunity better.
Identify a research variable within the problem/opportunity that could be measured by data collection.
Consider methods for collecting a suitable sample of either qualitative or quantitative data for the variable.
Develop an analysis of 1,050 words to describe a company, problem, and variable.
Include in your submission:
- Identify the name and description of the selected company.
- Describe the problem at that company.
- Analyze why the business problem is important.
- Identify one research variable from that problem.
- Describe the methods you would use for collecting a suitable sample of either qualitative or quantitative data for the variable (Note: do not actually collect any data).
- Analyze how you will know if the data collection method would generate valid and reliable data (Note: do not actually collect any data).
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.