Please review the course objectives and respond to each prompt minimum of 250 words per prompt and utilizing the textbook and one scholarly source
Also, please include at least one leading question follow each of your responses
I will forward to you the username and sign on for the ebooks. For Ch. 4-7 of Risk Managment… I do not have in electronic form, you should be able to find this online
- Textbooks can be located at https://bookshelf.vitalsource.com/#/user/signin
- Corey, G., Corey, M. S., & Corey, C. (2019). Issues and ethics in the helping professions (10th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Doverspike, W. F. (2015). Risk management: Clinical, ethical, & legal guidelines for successful practice (2nd ed.). Sarasota, FL: Professional Resource Press.
- Critique the role of faith and values in ethical decision-making, specifically the role of the Christian faith as it is integrated with professional practice.
- Develop self-care strategies appropriate for the counselor role. 2.F.1.l.
- Identify professional organizations, membership benefits and services to members. 2.F.1.f. 5.C.2.k., 5.G.2.l.
Discussion Prompt 1
Discuss how you will receive critical feedback from supervisors and clients and how the Christian Worldview informs such events.
- Summarize the ethical and legal considerations related to professional counseling, as it pertains to work with individuals, couples, families, and groups. 5.C.2.l.; 5.G.2.l.
- Acquire the ethical responsibilities of the counselor as defined by ethics codes and state laws and regulations.2.F.1.i.; 5.C.2.i.,5.G.3.n.
- Analyze the concept of ethical risk management and consider how to implement risk management strategies and other procedures for managing risk as an integral component of professional counseling practice. 5.C.2.m.
Discussion Prompt 2
As you reflect on the course during this final unit, discuss what you have learned and how you will apply this course to your training. Discuss specific strategies that you will use to counsel in an ethical manner.