The Good and the Bad
In this assignment, you will review the guidelines for making small talk and other aspects of everyday conversation. You will find YouTube clips demonstrating good and bad examples of people engaging in conversation. Then, you will write short outlined instructions on how to make small talk, make an apology, and give and receive a compliment. You will use the Discussion Board tool so that you can see links from other students.
- Explore and practice the principles of conversation.
- Analyze guidelines for making small talk and other aspects of everyday conversation.
- Review the guidelines for making small talk and other types of everyday conversation you explored in the textbook and in the learning activities.
- Find links to YouTube videos that demonstrate a good and bad example of each of the following: making small talk, making an apology, and giving and receiving a compliment. Include the minute and second the viewer should begin watching if not the entire video.
- Outline a set of specific instructions on how to make small talk, make an apology, and give and receive a compliment.
- The use of outside resources is strongly recommended, and all work must be cited and written in current APA format.
- When you have completed the assignment, select the “Submit Assignment” button at the top of these instructions and choose a format for submitting your assignment.