1) Read the article “Successful Business Communication: It Starts at the Beginning (Links to an external site.)” and explain, through your own experience, why it is important to match the words used with non-verbal cues to create consistent messages with customers, employees, or other managers. How do these consistent messages influence understanding and trust within an organization?
2) Are you sure that readers perceive your written message as you intended it? If you want help revising a message that you’re completing, use the Types of College Writing section in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.). This section of the Ashford Writing Center will help you compose a document that clearly communicates to your audience. It provides tips and example for several formal documents and position papers for business and academic environments.
- According to the Types of Writing section of the Ashford Writing Center, when is it appropriate to use first person? When is it appropriate to use third person?
- What are the three elements of “Academic Voice?” What steps will you take to incorporate these elements into your academic writing?
- Describe the goal of research writing. Why is it important to “follow the evidence” and use them to draw conclusions?