Data mining is used in business to examine the patterns and relationships in order to make decisions. Suppose you work for a company and you are tasked with data mining for this company. Your initial task is to examine the population in Colorado.
- Go to the U.S Census Bureau website (Links to an external site.).
- Find the dataset for Colorado. The dataset contains the population estimate for each city in Colorado by year. Choose the most recent year.
- Considering only the cities with a population of 100,000 or greater, produce summary statistics of dataset using SAS. Explain the key characteristics of the dataset.
- Using SAS, produce a bar chart based on the subset dataset you located.
- Develop a PowerPoint presentation or a Web-based presentation using digital tools such as Prezi or Slide Rocket, based on the information you examined in items (a)-(d) along with an introduction. Your presentation should have 4-10 slides. Every slide must contain notes that explain the points made on the slide.
For help with constructing an effective presentation, see the visual presentations page (Links to an external site.) in the CSU-Global Writing Center. Submit either the PowerPoint file or a Word document containing the link to your online presentation.