Module 1: Intro to Python Programming
Module 1 Assignment 2 features writing a simple Python program. Follow the steps below and see the example in the sample program python_intro_lab.py for tips on the common commands to use for program inputs and outputs.
- Install Python
- Open IDLE. Search for IDLE and open it.
- Open the file called example.py linked below these instructions in your M1 Content module in IDLE. The program describes Python inputs and outputs and shows an example.
- Create a new file and save it as M1Lab1 with your initials. [example for person whose initials are cc: M1Lab1cc.py]
- Write a short program that uses inputs and outputs to identify the user’s name, prior Python language experience, and skills with other programming languages. In your program, include these steps:
- print a welcome message,
- ask the user to input prior Python experience,
- ask which programming languages the user studied,
- print the results of the variables where you stored the inputs to the console.
- Save your program, run it and test it.
- Take a screenshot of your program output in the Python console window [Alt Key + PrntScreen].
- Right click and Paste the screenshot into the same Word document with your pseudocode.
- Upload to M1 Assignment 2 Intro formatted as a .doc, .docx or pdf to Python Programming Assignment Submission Folder.
- Your screenshot
- Python program
See the Schedule in the Syllabus Module for due dates. Review the Rubric attached to the Assignment Submission Folder for grading information.