The following article describe the unique boarding process used by Southwest Airlines.
Presh Talwalkar (2015) Southwest Airlines boarding game theory.
Use this article an at least (3) others to answer the following in 5-7 pages:
1) Describe the change in Southwest Airlines boarding process.
2) What was Southwest Airlines main goal in introducing the early-bird check-in?
3) Explain how Southwest Airlines used the game theory approach profits.
* What is the outcome of the game involving early-bird check-in?
* Identify what is the passengers dominant strategy.
^ Determine why travelers face the Prisoner’s Dilemma with the early-bird
check in process.
4) Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of early-bird check-in process Southwest Airlines.
5) Suggest ways in which other companies, or the company you work for, can utilize similar game approaches to maximize profits. Note: One of your references should help provide a rationale as to why this is a good approach for this company and need to have been published in the last six (6) months.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (12) with one inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA .
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, The Student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title and the date.