Link to video – https://youtu.be/62DH3cVk_PY
Link to textbook need to read ch 7 too answer question https://openstaxcollege.org/textbooks/introduction…
Watch the video in the L7 Course Content, “Social Control and Sanctions” Use information from this video and Chapter 7, Section 7.1 in your open-textbook for information on negative sanctions. to complete the following writing assignment:
All societies have rules and regulations in place to maintain control and order over their population. Violations of those rules and regulations result in the application of sanctions.
Think of a recent time when you used an informal negative sanction.
- Explain formal and informal, positive and negative sanctions. Why are they used?
- What act were you responding to when you used an informal negative sanction?
- How did your actions affect the deviant person or people?
- Discuss the role of sanctions in social control. How did your reaction help maintain social control?
- Which sociological theory discussed in Lesson 7 do you think best explains why some people deviate from societal norms? Explain. Discuss the theory. Why did you select this one?
- Remember to use inline citations and refer to your sources in the proper format to get more points!
- Your paper should be two to three double-spaced pages in length, in Arial or Times New Roman, 12 point font size.
- Save your document as Lastname_lesson7paper.doc
- Attach and submit your paper to the Lesson 7 Writing Assignment – Social Structure assignment folder.
- Be sure to reference course materials and other resources correctly. You must cite your sources using APA to receive full credit for this assignment.
- Check the course Calendar for the due dates.