Discussion Post Week 6
Throughout history, technological advancements have appeared for one purpose before finding applications elsewhere that lead to spikes in its usage and development. The internet, for example, was originally developed to share research before becoming a staple of work and entertainment. But technologyâ€”new and repurposedâ€”will undoubtedly continue to be a driver of healthcare information. Informaticists often stay tuned to trends to monitor what the next new technology will be or how the next new idea for applying existing technology can benefit outcomes.
In this Discussion, you will reflect on your healthcare organizationâ€™s use of technology and offer a technology trend you observe in your environment.
Post a brief description of general healthcare technology trends, particularly related to data/information you have observed in use in your healthcare organization or nursing practice. Describe any potential challenges or risks that may be inherent in the technologies associated with these trends you described. Then, describe at least one potential benefit and one potential risk associated with data safety, legislation, and patient care for the technologies you described. Next, explain which healthcare technology trends you believe are most promising for impacting healthcare technology in nursing practice and explain why. Describe whether this promise will contribute to improvements in patient care outcomes, efficiencies, or data management. Be specific and provide examples.
FYI: I work for a Insurance company as a Registered Nurse Case Manager, I spend 90% of my time on the phone with patients assessing them and educating them to prevent hospital stays.
FYI: Two of the three Resources need to come from the following LIST:
- McGonigle, D., & Mastrian, K. G. (2022).Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge(5th ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Chapter 14, â€œThe Electronic Health Record and Clinical Informaticsâ€ (pp. 293â€“316)
- Chapter 15, â€œInformatics Tools to Promote Patient Safety, Quality Outcomes, and Interdisciplinary Collaborationâ€ (pp. 323â€“349)
- Chapter 16, â€œPatient Engagement and Connected Healthâ€ (pp. 357â€“378)
- Chapter 17, â€œUsing Informatics to Promote Community/Population Healthâ€ (pp. 383â€“397)
- Chapter 18, â€œTelenursing and Remote Access Telehealthâ€ (pp. 403â€“432)
- Dykes, P. C., Rozenblum, R., Dalal, A., Massaro, A., Chang, F., Clements, M., Collins, S. â€¦Bates, D. W. (2017). Prospective evaluation of a multifaceted intervention to improve outcomes in intensive care: The Promoting Respect and Ongoing Safety Through Patient Engagement Communication and Technology Study Download Prospective evaluation of a multifaceted intervention to improve outcomes in intensive care: The Promoting Respect and Ongoing Safety Through Patient Engagement Communication and Technology Study.Critical Care Medicine, 45(8), e806â€“e813. doi:10.1097/CCM.0000000000002449
- HealthIT.gov. (2018c). What is an electronic health record (EHR)? Links to an external site.Retrieved from https://www.healthit.gov/faq/what-electronic-health-record-ehr
- Rao-Gupta, S., Kruger, D. Leak, L. D., Tieman, L. A., & Manworren, R. C. B. (2018). Leveraging interactive patient care technology to Improve pain management engagement Links to an external site..Pain Management Nursing, 19(3), 212â€“221.
- Skiba, D. (2017). Evaluation tools to appraise social media and mobile applications Links to an external site.. Informatics, 4(3), 32â€“40.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!