1 – Business Intelligence technology and processes are constantly changing. It’s important to stay current on new software, techniques, and innovative ways of converting data into meaningful information.
- Find a recent online article related to a business intelligence topic.
- In your own words write a summary of the article.
- As you write your summary consider how your article relates to topics covered in the textbooks, videos, and presentations.
Suggested Websites for articles:
Business Intelligence – BusinessIntelligence.com is the place for BI decision makers to access the most current and highest quality BI content aggregated from across the web.
CIO Magazine – CIO Magazine serves Chief Information Officers (CIOs), other IT leaders, as well as ecosystem that surrounds and interacts with them.
Information Week – Information Week is a periodical that concentrates on areas related to Strategic CIO, Software, Cloud, Mobile, Big Data, Security, Infrastructure, Government, and Healthcare.
Information Management – Information Management contains the latest news, commentary, and features content serving the information technology and business community.
2 – Find at least three online demos of Sentiment Analysis software.
Find at least three different movie reviews where the user also includes a score. For example customer movie reviews on Amazon and Netflix use a 5 star rating system. Copy and paste the text into the sentiment analysis demonstration software and compare the Positive/Negitive score from the sentiment analysis with the customer’s star rating.
- In your post give an evaluation of each of the sentiment analysis applications.
- In your opinion, which of the applications that you tested was the most accurate?
- What are the limitations of sentiment analysis applications?
- Given an example of how a company can use sentiment analysis.
Online examples of Sentiment Analysis demos:
- Stanford University Sentiment Analysis
- This website provides a live demo for predicting the sentiment of movie reviews. This deep learning model buids up a representation of whole sentences based on the sentence structure. It computes the sentiment based on how words compose the meaning of longer phases.
- Text Processing – Sentiment Analysis
- This sentiment analysis demonstration uses the Python programming language using NLTK to perform text classification. It can tell you whether it thinks the text you enter expresses positive sentiment, negative sentiment, or neutral.
- This demonstration is provided by Lexalytics. Their software is used for social media monitoring, reputation management, and voice of the customer programs.