MAKE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN TO THE END AND VIEW THE TWO FOLLOWING VIDEOS and ANALYZE A SALES MESSAGE BY ANSWERING THE ANSWERS BELOW.
Chapter 10 pages 276 – 312.
- Re-read chapter 10 for understanding
- Read the PowerPoint Presentation
- See the two videos before doing the assignment
- Answer the questions at the bottom of this page
*Video of the Art of Rhetoric: Persuasive Techniques in Advertising
and Video Science of Persuasion –Psychological tools of influence and persuasive messages.
EVALUATION EXERCISE P. 309 10.6 ANALYZING A SALES MESSAGE
1. Find an interesting sales message that you have received recently in the mail or through email – ATTACHED COPY OF IT. If you can’t find one readily, go to the website of a company that sells products or services that interest you—ATTACHED WEB LINK. Find a sales message of sufficient length to analyze.
2. Analyze it in the following ways and make sure your answers are in paragraph format. If you answer yes, please explain why or if you answer no, also please explain so you can get the total points:
A. Which psychological tools of influence (consistency, reciprocation, social proof, authority, liking, scarcity) does it use? Provide examples.
B. What emotional appeals are used? What about logical appeals? Would you consider this sales message to be catering more to emotion or logic? Explain.
C. Do you consider this sales message warm and inviting?
D. Do you consider this sales message plausible?
E. Do you consider this sales message respectful?
F. Do you trust the sales message?
G. What are two changes you think could be made to improve its effectiveness?
link to the book: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dzsg-Amet3UxZi4L…