CHANGE IMPLEMENTATION AND MANAGEMENT PLAN
It is one of the most clichÃ© of clichÃ©s, but it nevertheless rings true: The only constant is change. As a nursing professional, you are no doubt aware that success in the healthcare field requires the ability to adapt to change, as the pace of change in healthcare may be without rival.
As a professional, you will be called upon to share expertise, inform, educate, and advocate. Your efforts in these areas can help lead others through change. In this Assignment, you will propose a change within your organization and present a comprehensive plan to implement the change you propose.
- Review the Resources and identify one change that you believe is called for in your organization/workplace.
- This may be a change necessary to effectively address one or more of the issues you addressed in the Workplace Environment Assessment you submitted in Module 4. It may also be a change in response to something not addressed in your previous efforts. It may be beneficial to discuss your ideas with your organizational leadership and/or colleagues to help identify and vet these ideas.
- Reflect on how you might implement this change and how you might communicate this change to organizational leadership.
The Assignment (5-6-minute narrated PowerPoint presentation):
Change Implementation and Management Plan
Create a 5- or 6-slide narrated PowerPoint that presents a comprehensive plan to implement changes you propose.
Your narrated presentation should be 5â€“6 minutes in length.
Your Change Implementation and Management Plan should include the following:
- An executive summary of the issues that are currently affecting your organization/workplace (This can include the work you completed in your Workplace Environment Assessment previously submitted, if relevant.)
- A description of the change being proposed
- Justifications for the change, including why addressing it will have a positive impact on your organization/workplace
- Details about the type and scope of the proposed change
- Identification of the stakeholders impacted by the change
- Identification of a change management team (by title/role)
- A plan for communicating the change you propose
- A description of risk mitigation plans you would recommend to address the risks anticipated by the change you propose
- Broome, M., & Marshall, E. S. (2021). Transformational leadership in nursing: From expert clinician to influential leader (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Springer.
- Chapter 4, â€œPractice Model Design, Implementation, and Evaluationâ€ (pp. 99â€“154)
- Cullen, L., & Adams, S. L. (2012). Planning for implementation of evidence-based practiceLinks to an external site.. Journal of Nursing Administration, 42(4), 222â€“230.
- Pollack, J., & Pollack, R. (2015). Using Kotterâ€™s eight stage process to manage an organizational change program: Presentation and practiceLinks to an external site.. Systemic Practice and Action Research, 28(1), 51-66.
- Seijts, G. H., & Gandz, J. (2016). Transformational change and leader characterLinks to an external site.. Business Horizons, 61(2), 239-249.
- Tistad, M., Palmcrantz, S., Wallin, L., Ehrenberg, A., Olsson, C. B., Tomson, G., â€¦Eldh, A. C. (2016). Developing leadership in managers to facilitate the implementation of national guideline recommendations: A process evaluation of feasibility and usefulness. International Journal of Health Policy and Management Download International Journal of Health Policy and Management, 5(8), 477â€“486. doi:10.15171/ijhpm.2016.35. Retrieved from http://www.ijhpm.com/article_3183_5015382bcf9183a74ef7e79b0a941f65.pdf
FYI – I will do narrative – Voice over for PP once its done.
Assignment From Module 4 is in additional materials to relate to
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!