The purpose of the capstone assignment is to demonstrate your ability to solve quantitative and qualitative research in business finance. You will demonstrate the ability as you examine the initial public offering pricing decision for the legendary Italian sports car company Ferrari by Fiat Chrysler management. The students will provide an understanding of corporate valuation and using discounted cash flow and peer-company market multiples of a company that exists in two sectors the automotive and luxury goods. The case study can be found under required texts and resources in the course syllabus. A supplementary spreadsheet to accompany this case is attached.
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to the Academic Integrity Policy.
Write a five to seven page APA report, not including title and reference pages answering the questions below. Do not just answer the questions, but use the questions to formulate your report. Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Questions to be answered in your report:
Write a research report that outlines the topics –
- What are the financial implications of Ferrari’s current strategy?
- Do you agree with the financial forecast in Exhibit 8? If so, why? If not, what specific concerns do you have?
- What do you think Ferrari is worth in Euros? Justify your recommendation based on current market multiples valuation and a DCF valuation.
- In preparation for Ferrari’s listing on the New York Stock Exchange, at what price in U.S. dollars would you recommend that Ferrari shares be sold?
- Identify and integrate biblical principles into the decision-making process that is appropriate and insightful.
Requirements of the assignment:
- All papers must follow all APA requirements including an abstract. (10% deduction if not)
- All papers must have a reference page. The textbook is an acceptable source.
- Body of the paper 6 – 10 pages, no more or less.
- Title page, abstract, and reference pages are required. However, they do not count towards any page count.
- Writing should reflect an understanding of the chapter’s basic concepts, thorough research, and logic and critical thinking skills.
- The introduction is attention getting with sufficient background information to establish the topic and a clear thesis statement.
- The conclusion summarizes the main points and leaves the reader with a strong comprehension of the paper’s significance and the author’s understanding.
- Grammatically correct – No spelling, grammar, or mechanics errors.
- Do not use the first person. (10% deduction if used)