Assume once again that you are a consultant who works for the Diligent Consulting Group. You collected only the “Age” of customers in the Module 1 Case scenario. You realized, however, that you need more customer information and collected the following additional variable: “Annual Amount Spent on Organic Food.” You want to conduct additional analysis on this customer database.
SLP ASSIGNMENT EXPECTATIONS
Complete the following tasks in the Module 1 SLP assignment template:
- Calculate mean, median, mode, range, standard deviation, and skewness for both variables using the Descriptive Statistics tool in Excel.
- What are the characteristics of the “average” customer?
- What are the characteristics of the “typical” customer?
- Comment on the skewness of the variables: Which variable is most skewed? Which variable is least skewed?
- Given your answers to question 4 above, which measure of central tendency best describes customers?
- Comment on additional variables that would be useful to collect in order to analyze customers in greater detail. List at least two additional variables and explain why they are important for this analysis.