Aspen Advantages & Disadvantages of Exploratory Play as Used in Early Child Learning Essay
3. Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Write a 1750-2000 word essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer the questions for each bullet point. There should be separate sections, one for each bullet below. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least three (3) citations in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount.
- Describe the pros and cons of each of the six activities used in early childhood education based upon current research and relate personal experience of observing or teaching students using them. These six approaches to teaching are introduced, beginning on page 100 of the course textbook. Be sure to provide an in-depth analysis and synthesis of each of the six activities and support your answers with connections to your readings or outside research.
- Exploratory play
- Guided discovery
- Problem solving
- Direct instruction
- Design a plan for children being taught in classroom learning centers. Write a detailed plan based upon the following: Environmental features of learning centers, participation of children in the activities, and learning outcomes of activities. Choose three centers to focus your description (e.g., writing, math, science, reading, art, play, etc.).
- What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of presenting “story time” sessions to young children in small versus large groups? Support your answers with research.